Thursday, December 24, 2009

How to get out grease or oil stains on clothes after being washed?

I slipped in some oil or grease that was in our parking lot early one morning. Then pre-soaked and washed the outfit I was wearing. It still has dark stains on them. I was wearing a light blue. I am about ready to pitch it,but it was new. So is there anything I can use once the stain has been set? Thanks for any advice.How to get out grease or oil stains on clothes after being washed?
You can try a product called Greased Lightening. It's available at Walmart and Dollar General stores. It takes out just about anything from clothing, even grease spots that have been set in by drying them. For set in grease spots I pretreat the stain with both greased lightening and a little dish soap. Let it sit awhile before washing.


--------------------------------------鈥?br>

You can also try Dawn dishwashing liquid. Rub it in and leave rolled up overnight and wash normal the next day.


--------------------------------------鈥?br>

Try using cheap shampoo, just apply directly to grease spot, rub in and wash. Works every time new or old set stainHow to get out grease or oil stains on clothes after being washed?
or you can try a product called ';simple green';
I have used this with success in the past. Spray WD-40 on the stain. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Then put some dawn (or grease cutting dish soap) on stain and rub it in. Launder as usual.
The best thing I've found is Murphy's Oil soap. I've used this many times and it works like a charm. I had a brand new black t-shirt and got a grease stain on it. When I washed and dried it the shirt was clean but I was left with a lovely grease stain.


A friend at work told me about Murphy's Oil soap (MOS) and I tried it and it worked like a charm. I quickly went and washed all the other clothes I had that had grease stains on them and it worked on them too.





It worked well on grungy, greasy jeans too. My husband get grease all over his clothes at work. Just put MOS in with the laundry soap in hot water wash and all the grease comes out like magic.





Good luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment