Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I keep my white t-shirts from getting yellow stains in the armpits after I've washed them many times?

I heard something about using cold water to wash with, and not drying them in high heat. Any help would be appreciated.


Thank you.How do I keep my white t-shirts from getting yellow stains in the armpits after I've washed them many times?
Yellow underarm shirt stains are likely caused by a combination of deodorant and perspiration. Many deodorants and antiperspirants contain aluminum salts. When these salts are combined with laundry detergent, especially in cooler water settings, they are not easily dissolved, and they remain on the fabric.





To remove the stains, try soaking the shirts in warm water with an enzyme pre-soak product or rubbing the soiled area with white vinegar. Wash in the hottest water safe for the fabric. If the stain remains, dampen and sprinkle stain with meat tenderizer. Let stand for about an hour, and launder again.





To avoid new stains from forming, always wash the shirts in the hottest water safe for the fabric. Also, allow antiperspirant to dry completely before dressing.=)How do I keep my white t-shirts from getting yellow stains in the armpits after I've washed them many times?
Change deodorant. If you are going to try to salvage the t-shirts you can mix laundry detergent and white vinegar, pour it on the stains and let the mixture soak in good, then scrub with a toothbrush or fingernail brush. Wash as you normally would. I don't think hot water will hurt the shirts, but drying on high heat does seem to make fabric a little crispy sometimes, so I would avoid the high heat in the dryer.
Yes, ';Shout'; will help. But I use laundry bleach. I spray first,then let it sit for about 45 minutes, then wash as usual. This takes care of the problem, and I don't have to do it every time ... usually about once a month. The dryer won't have any negative effect.
To be honest, that shouldn't happen if you wear different Tshirt everyday. Those yellow stains are due to excessive sweat, deodorant, and/or cologne. Well, soak them in bleached water will removes them.
I found that if I spray with a laundry product ( like shout ) and let it sit a while, this really does a good job. Clorox in the water (*hot) will help also.
Anti-perspirent.
Pour vinegar on the pit area before washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment