Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can you Wash a Tea Stained T Shirt?

I put a rubberband at the bottom of a shirt and at the armholes, I dipped each side into the darkened black tea. I let it dry in the sun for a couple of days, so the shirt is now Tea Stained.





How would I wash the shirt? Will the Tea stain remain? How Can I Retain it for the longest time possible?





Thanks!Can you Wash a Tea Stained T Shirt?
Rinse it in strong salt water, and dry it on ';hot';. This will further set the stain.


Launder it in cool water, don't use bleach, and it should last a long time.Can you Wash a Tea Stained T Shirt?
You can try heat setting it with a Iron..(following directions on the t-shirt label)





I would use a short wash with like colors ,gentle agitation and spin.





Tannins in tea can be hard to remove after setting in over time and with heat.


They can also destroy some fabrics...
Try using a Shout Advance on the spot(s) this works pretty well
  • viruses
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment