Sunday, December 20, 2009

Can anyone tell me how you can wash whites without using bleach and still get the stains out?

Bleach over time seems to set in and starts making my whites a beige/yellowy color.Can anyone tell me how you can wash whites without using bleach and still get the stains out?
* Pour full strength liquid laundry detergent on stain and rub into fabric about 5 minutes prior to washing.


* Use Borax for detergent.


* Add Calgon (water softener powder) to wash.Can anyone tell me how you can wash whites without using bleach and still get the stains out?
I pretreat any stains with Oxi Clean spray then wash in hot water with a scoop of Oxi Clean powder and Gain liquid detergent. My whites stay snowy white it even takes care of deodorant stains. I definately agree with you about the bleach.
what about the colorsafe bleach, that wont bleach out colors either. works for me
Oxyclean! it actually turns into hydrogen peroxide when added to water and does a good job of bleaching out stains in whites. As somebody already mentioned, mrs. Stewarts works well on whites. Another tip is to add a 1/2 cup of vinegar to the final rinse to help remove any soap residue.





For dingy whites, once a month add 1 cup of automatic dishwashing detergent to the washer, let it fill with hot water and agitate for a minute, then add the clothes and let agitate for 10 minutes. Let sit overnight, then wash as normal. You will be amazed at the difference it makes!
i use oxi clean to every load of laundry, colored or whites. it works good on whites.





good luck.
Separate your whites. Use Oxy Clean. In the rinse use Mrs. Stewart's '; this is a liquid very dark royal blue'; and use only a few drops mixed with a gallon of water that you pour in your rinse machine. be careful not to pour over your white. It would make spots and cna't get rid of them afterwards. This brings your whites so white, and it's neat for other colors, brings back the true colors. Read the instructions. It's a secret.!
try using soda crystals when washing whites put in with soap powder few spoon full should be ok
I'm a big fan of enzyme cleaners such as Biz - I rarely use bleach.
I love a produce called Awesome that I get at the dollar store. It works really well on berry stains %26amp; it even got out a HUGE honey mustard sauce stain my hubby smeared all over his white pants. I
the regular tide
peroxide
Pretreat any stains and wash with oxyclean and a little peroxide.

No comments:

Post a Comment