Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I get the orange water stains from my dishwasher and washing machine?

I just got a water softener and want to remove the orange left behind.How do I get the orange water stains from my dishwasher and washing machine?
CLR庐 (Get it at your grocery store in cleaning supplies.)


Enhanced Calcium, Lime %26amp; Rust Remover





CLR is a powerful formula available for dissolving tough calcium and lime deposits and surface rust stains from:








Tubs


Toilet bowls


Sinks


Glass


Chrome


Fiberglass


Stainless steel


Coffee makers


Humidifiers


Dishwashers


Washing machines


Shower headsHow do I get the orange water stains from my dishwasher and washing machine?
You certainly do not want to use any chemicals that could harm you inside your dishwasher. I swear by the old, trusted favorites.





I would scrub both of them with Ajax scouring powder. Then I would run an empty load in each machine of hot water and Clorox bleach.





Do you know how to use Ajax? Most people don't unless you're old, like me. Get a rag soaking wet, sprinkle the powder on where you are going to scrub and start scrubbing until the orange is gone. Then about 2-3 cups of Clorox in the hot water run.
you can use cloros clean-up always does the trick.
Put Tang (That powdery orange drink the astronauts use) in the


soap dispenser and run a full cycle without any dishes (without clothes). All that stuff comes off.
Run them empty with bleach in them.
Iron out, you can buy it anywhere. It comes in powder form, you throw a cup full into the Dishwasher and run it on a normal cycle and it comes out looking new. The same for the washer, it is even safe for laundry use. I have well water that leaves the orange and I use it once a month to keep the appliances looking new. If you have it realy bad you might have to run the dishwasher twice with the solution but it does work. IRON OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment