Sunday, December 20, 2009

Does oxiclean get rid of old stains that have been through the wash a couple of times?

my lipstick went through the wash with my shirt and it melted and basically dyed my shirt and now it has like specks of red. it has been through the wash a couple more times. would it is black and white but obviously you can only see it on the white. would oxiclean work?Does oxiclean get rid of old stains that have been through the wash a couple of times?
I have tried oxiclean a while ago, and no luck of it getting any stains out.Does oxiclean get rid of old stains that have been through the wash a couple of times?
I believe that the lipstick stain, which is a new stain will be cleaned up with an oxicleaner, for the dyes of b %26amp; w are set and will not be affected.


Spartawo...
Oxiclean is a joke. It wont even remove regular stains.
I think it is too late now. the stain has been set in if you washed and dried it three times.
I have found that dreft baby detergent makes a great stain remover. I have only been able to find it at Target Stores but maybe you will have luck at store near you. I use the dreft stain remover all the time on old stains and it works. My favorite dipping sauce is ranch and you know those dingy spots it leaves on your clothes when you pull somthing from the wash that went through with out pretreating, well dreft has gotten ranch stains out after I had already washed the stained garment a few times before spraying with Dreft. it is great. I don't know about lipstick but it has got many horendiuos stains out of my clothes grass,chocolate,coffee,red punch and a number of other stains you encounter with children. Even if it was only treated as it was going into the washing machine and had sat in the laundry hamper for a week.





Also Rit as in rit dye makes many products other than dye that work great. There is something called color remover that is made to remove dyes that blead from one garment to another without damaging the origal colors. Check those out too.
I have the best luck with powdered Biz bleach. Rub the stain with a paste of it, and then soak for a day in it . try it a couple of times, it gets my chef coats really clean, even after I washed them again with a stain that didnt come out.
It didn't work well on anything for me. I threw it away.
What color is the item( IF ALL WHITE try PEROXIDE) or you can hair spray Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment