Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do I get chewing gum out of a nylon dry-weave shirt? Not a new stain... I washed it a couple of times.?

My hubby recently washed a shirt and forgot to remove the gum in his pocket. This is a Nike dry weave shirt and the gum is ground in. Any advise?How do I get chewing gum out of a nylon dry-weave shirt? Not a new stain... I washed it a couple of times.?
Get hold of some WD40 and spray liberally on the chewing gum. Make sure you do this while the garment is on a non porous surface that won't be damaged.





Spray enough on until the fabric is visibly ';wet';. Leave it for a few minutes and the gum will scrub off with a dry cloth. Remove as much as you can and then repeat.





The WD40 shouldn't leave a stain but it may smell slightly. This can be removed by washing.





It might be advisable to test on a hidden area in case it damages the fabric. This should not happen as I have used this on a wool/polyester dinner jacket with no problems.How do I get chewing gum out of a nylon dry-weave shirt? Not a new stain... I washed it a couple of times.?
put the shirt in the freezer overnight and then take it out, gently sratch the gum off with your fingernail.
  • viruses
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment